USDA/AWWA Free Small System-Setting Effective Rates for Small Systems
This workshop is part of a special workshop series made possible through the collaboration of the American Water Works Association (AWWA), the US Department of Agriculture (USDA), and the Partnership for SafeWater.
Workshop participants will learn how to assess revenue requirements, identify the community’s financial priorities, and build rates that fit your situation and objectives. All participants receive dedicated, follow-up technical assistance and helpful documents from AWWA.
Day 1 - Setting Effective Rates for Small Systems
• Assessing Your System
• Your Community Priorities
• Identifying your core financial objectives, evaluating your customer base, and where to find information on your customers and your community
• Building Rates that Fit Your Situation and Objectives
Day 2- Optimization and Accessing Funding
• Overview of the AWWA Partnership for Safe Water Programs
• How to conduct a self-assessment in order to optimize your operations
• General Management/Administration, Finance, Asset Management, Source Water Protection and
Distribution System Operations.
• How to apply for low interest funding through the USDA. (a representative from your local USDA office
will present this information and answer any questions you may have)
Requirments for CEU certificate: must attemd both days of training, have a individual email and technology device to participate.
CEU: 0.6 CEU
Applicable for Treatment & Distirbution (T & D)
$0.00 Member Ticket-USDA Small System Rates
$0.00 Non-Member-USDA Small System Rates